How to Buy Shoes Online – The Secret Revealed
Have you tried buying shoes online for your child? How many pairs did you keep and how many did you end up returning? How did you know if they actually fit? There are two main benefits of purchasing shoes online for your child: convenience and selection. However, most parents have reported that they are always unsure about what shoe size to order and that they are never 100% sure that the shoes that they do keep are fitting the shape of their kids’ feet properly. Let me show you how to buy shoes online.
My Experience Fitting Children’s Shoes – Over a Decade of Shoe Fitting Experience
I have been fitting children’s shoes for 10 years and counting, and I handle approximately 100 fittings and try-ons per week. The shoe store where I work specializes in helping children with “complex”foot shapes as well as foot and leg issues, but we provide regular shoe fitting as well.
I can guarantee you that finding the right pair of shoes for a child is not an easy task since there are no two pairs of feet alike, and there are many variables that will affect the type of shoe your child might need such as:
1️⃣ Length of the foot
2️⃣ Instep of the foot
3️⃣ Width of the foot (narrow, medium, wide, or extra wide)
How to Retrieve Your Child’s Exact Foot Length and Shape From Home
Several online shoe retailers offer different devices to measure your kids’ feet from home. This is not an easy task to do, since those devices do not account for the instep of the foot, or consider whether your child has a narrow heel, low or high arch, wide or extra wide feet, etc.
I developed the most effective way to determine your child’s exact foot size from your home and will personally assist you with a custom fitting tailored to your child’s individual needs.
1️⃣ Step 1: Measuring Your Child’s Exact Foot Length
- Make sure that your child is standing straight, and then place a measuring tape or ruler below your child’s heels. You must measure your child’s feet while standing, as on weight-bearing the foot becomes longer.
- Measure both feet up to the tip of your child’s longest toe (make sure that your child is not curling his/her toes). You must measure both feet since there is always one foot that is bigger than the other. Keep in mind that your child’s longest toe doesn’t necessarily have to be the big toe — it may in fact be the second or even the third toe.
- Make a note of that measurement in centimeters or inches or email me the image showing the measurements (such as you see below) to avoid confusion with the measurements.
We will input your child’s foot measurements in the standard foot measuring tool (Brannock device) to retrieve your child’s exact foot length.
2️⃣ Step 2: Pictures of Your Child’s Foot Width
The pictures below will help me determine whether your child has narrow, medium, wide, or extra wide feet. Also, the pictures will help me see whether your child has a high instep and additional information such as whether your child has flat feet or not. Below you can find examples of how the pictures should look like:
This image helps determine whether your child is flat footed and whether your child has a high instep or not.
This image helps determine whether your child has narrow, medium, wide, or extra wide feet.
This image helps determine whether your child has rolled ankles or not.
Please note that I won’t need the measurements of your child’s foot width, the images will be sufficient to help me determine whether your child has narrow, medium, wide, or extra wide feet.
➡️ Recap – What to Include in Your Email
- Your child’s foot length measurements (or an image of their foot length measurements)
- Three images of your child’s feet (see example images above)
- The country you live in case you need specific shoe recommendations
Feel free to include in your email any additional information I should know about your child’s feet:
You will then receive a response within 24 hours with your child’s exact foot length, shape, and specific shoe recommendations as needed.
How Much Does This Service Cost?
If you wish to support the work of Fitting Children’s Shoes, you can Donate Here Your support helps ensure that families around the world can find the correct shoes for their children, regardless of their foot shape or condition.
Is It Possible to Buy Shoes Online for Kids? – Learn the Secret!
Buying shoes online can be a frustrating experience since foot size does not often translate to shoe size. Shoe sizes are inconsistent. The biggest mistake that parents make is assuming that since the child measures a foot size 10, the size will automatically translate into the correct shoe size. In reality, a shoe size 10 in the New Balance brand might run shorter or longer than a shoe size 10 in the Saucony brand. Even in the same shoe brand, different styles will fit differently!
Another mistake parents make is assuming that if the child has wide feet, that child will automatically need a wide pair of shoes. This is not true at all since certain shoes run wider than others!
It is possible to buy shoes online as long as you know your child’s exact foot size, how the particular shoe that you are buying fits, and how to check for the fit once the shoe arrives at your house!
What Are the Advantages of Shopping Online For Shoes?
There are several advantages of shopping online for kids’ shoes:
- The convenience of shopping from your house.
- You will find discounts and good deals when purchasing shoes online.
- A huge nationwide inventory.
- Reviews from other customers can be very helpful to avoid any red flags in terms of the quality of the shoes. They will also contain detailed information about how long or short the shoe fits, the width, and the amount of arch support and overall style.
- 24/7 Availability.
- Avoid waiting in lines.
What Are the Disadvantages of Buying Shoes Online?
- It is hard to get the right size without trying the shoes on.
- You won’t be able to feel the shoes to test the quality of the materials.
- You might end up wasting a lot of time returning shoes that don’t fit.
Extra Tips for Buying Your Kids’ Shoes Online!
- Because you might end up returning the shoes you buy that are not the right fit, be sure to seek return policies that do not charge for shipping or returns.
- Have your child try the shoes right away. Do not remove any tags or labels since you will have a hard time returning the shoes. Make sure your child tries the shoes on inside the house. If the shoes are worn or dirty, companies will refuse to take them back.
Buying shoes online for kids can be a frustrating experience and I only advise you to do this if there is not a local kids’ shoe store in your area that you trust. If you must shop online for your kids’ shoes, follow my guidelines to make sure you get the right shoe size for their feet.
Are Any Having a Hard Time Finding a Specific Pair of Shoes for Your Child?
Do not hesitate to contact me via the comments sections below or directly at my e-mail. My e-mail address is: firstname.lastname@example.org
Do you normally shop for your kids’ shoes online or at your local children’s shoe store? Do you find yourself returning most of the shoes you purchase online? Please share your thoughts and experiences below so we can all benefit from them!