Leather shoes are a great choice for keeping our kids’ feet and leg healthy. When it comes to choosing the perfect shoe for our child, we must go beyond fashion and price. We must also consider that the materials the shoes are made will have a direct impact in the health of our child’s feet.
I have been working for a children’s shoe store for over 8 years now, and I know everything that relates to children shoes and the way they FIT. We specialize in children with foot and leg issues, but we provide regular fitting as well.
I have spoken with several parents who are always complaining about how hard it is to find the correct pair of shoes for their kids. They always bring up the issue about how most shoe companies are manufacturing shoes overseas which are made of low quality materials.
You must avoid buying shoes made of plastic or low quality synthetic materials. They will be more affordable but you will end up saving a lot of money if you invest in good shoes for your child.
Finding the correct shoe size has the same importance as finding the correct shoe style. Please keep in mind that it doesn’t matter how supportive, flexible, and breathable the shoes you choose for your child are, if they don’t fit properly, you child won’t get any of the benefits the shoe has to offer.
As someone who has worked closely with kids and has been helping parents find the best shoes for them, I have seen the positive and negative impact the pair of shoes we choose for our kids can have in the long run.
Choosing a shoe that is made from good quality materials such as leather will not only keep your kids’ feet comfortable, but it will keep them healthy as well.
Leather is the best type of material you can get for your toddler, and even though they might cost a little bit more than other type of shoes (made of lower quality materials), they are totally worth the investment.
In this post, I will describe the best toddler boy leather shoes that will keep your kids comfortable and healthy.
Why Are Good Quality Shoes Important? – Choose Them Right!
I have seen many parents come to the shoe store to buy shoes for their kids who are overly too concern about the price of the shoe. While it is wise to be economical, saving money by buying low quality shoes is just false economy.
We have noticed the influx of less quality shoes made in China and Vietnam, as parents patronize these low-quality shoes because they are cheaper. These shoes fail to provide the necessary support and quality standards for the growth of your kids’ feet.
The features that a good quality shoe must provide are:
- Good arch and ankle support.
Shoes made of low-quality materials can affect your kids’ feet in the following ways:
- They might create blisters, calluses, and corns since shoes made out of plastic or low quality synthetic materials will rub against your kids’ feet.
- They may not be of standard length or width size which will affect growth.
- They are made of inferior materials which means they won’t be as durable. Remember that your child should always outgrow his or her shoes before anything happens to them.
Why Are Leather Shoes Important? – Keep Your Kids Feet Healthy!
The advantages of providing your child with a good pair of leather shoes are:
- Durability: leather shoes are the most durable types. You have to consider that kids are extremely active and they are always running around. With a leather shoe, you don’ have to worry about the shoe getting destroyed and your child will outgrow the shoe before anything happens to it!
- Health: leather shoes are healthy for the feet since they provide the correct amount of support your kid’s feet and will keep their feet dry and warm. Leather shoes prevent water from easily penetrating the shoe especially when walking on wet grass. However, this will not keep the feet dry when the kids step on a puddle (you will need a waterproof shoe for that), but it can still keep the feet warm and free from bacteria and infections.
- They are fashionable and provide a better fit: leather shoes tend to be very stylish, trendy and they are a better fit, offering better comfort to your kids’ feet. Leather shoes are very cushiony and comfortable on the inside, and they provide better support for the growth of the feet. Leather shoes for your toddler boy will ensure that his feet will grow without any deformities and will prevent foot and leg pain.
- Leather shoes are easy to maintain and clean: since children are always running around playing hard their shoes will get dirty. Having a pair of shoes that are easy to clean is a huge advantage.
- Leather shoes provide good breathability: leather shoes allow air to flow through the feet, what we in shoe industry terms enable the feet to breathe. This prevents bacteria from building up in the feet and causing infection.
If we find a pair of leather shoes with all of these features, you will be providing your child with a pair of comfortable, durable, and supportive shoes!
Below you can find a selection of the best leather shoes for boys!
Please keep in mind that I have fitted all of these shoes before and I know how comfortable, supportive, and well-made they are. If you have any questions about how these shoes FIT please don’t hesitate to contact me and I will be able to let you know whether they run long, short, wide, or narrow.
You might know by now how online retailers such as Amazon or Zappos provide a review section where parents can share how that particular shoe style “runs”. I don’t want you to rely too much in those reviews since those parents might not have know their actual kids shoe size to begin with.
Finding The Correct Shoe Size For Your Child – Get It Right!
I have highlighted the benefits of leather shoes for a toddler boy; now I must tell you that there are so many different leather shoe styles for boys that is hard to choose which are the better ones for your child.
I have fitted some of the best leather shoes for kids, and I know which styles provide more support and which styles FIT better. I always recommend parents to take their children to their local shoe store, where a shoe fitter can properly measure their feet and find shoes that FIT.
However, several parents have contacted me asking where they can get their shoes online since they don’t have a local children’s shoe store to take their children to. For those parents, I wrote a post where I describe the most simple and effective way to figure out your kids’ shoe size:
When it comes to selecting the correct type of leather shoes for your child (or any type of shoes), getting the correct shoe width has the exact same importance as getting the correct shoe length. The reason why I mention this is because most parents make the mistake of measuring their kids’ shoe length, and just finding shoes according to the length of the child’s foot, ignoring the width area.
The correct shoe width will prevent your kids’ toes from overlapping each other or being squezzed against the side of the shoe. Wearing the wrong shoe width can affect the growth of the feet which might lead to deformities.
Good quality, supportive shoes are necessary for boys as this will support their feet as they grow. Please keep in mind that our feet are the foundation of our entire body and should be taken care of properly.
Leather shoes for boys can be more expensive, but they are totally worth it, as they will last longer and you will save money in the future by preventing foot and leg issue. NEVER underestimate the importance of well-fitting shoes! Have you ever walk around in a pair of shoes that were too short or too narrow? If you had, then you know how uncomfortable that feels.
Let’s keep our kid feet and legs healthy by doing something so SIMPLE such as providing them with the correct shoe style and the correct shoe size.
I provided you with a selection of the best leather shoes for boys which will guarantee that you keep his feet and legs healthy. Now you are ready to make the most informative decision!
Have you been looking for a pair of good leather shoe for your boy? Is there any particular shoe brand or shoe style that you have tried for your child that you would like to recommend? Please share your thoughts and experiences below so we can all benefit from them!