Are you struggling to find a particular shoe for your child? Have you been looking everywhere and you just can’t seem to find it? Are you starting to wonder if the type of shoe or shoe width that you are looking for even exists?
STOP frustrating over it! I am familiar with all kids’ shoe brands and shoe styles since I have been working at a kids’ shoe store for over 6 years now and I handle approximately 200 fittings and try on’s per week. We are a specialized children’s shoe store that helps children with foot problems and we provide regular shoe fitting as well. If there is a particular shoe style or shoe width that you are looking for, I will help you find it!
Did you know that shoe companies make shoes in medium, wide, and extra wide widths? Are you looking for the widest shoes for your child’? Or maybe you are looking for a pair of wide soccer cleats for your kid and wondering if they even exist!
What is it that you are looking for? I don’t want you to feel like you might be asking an irrelevant question since all questions about your children feet are important.
Below you can find some of the most common questions that parents just like you have asked me before, and keep in mind that ALL answers can be found in this website. However, I will be happy to answer them directly if you ask your questions under the comments section at the end of the post.
Let’s look at some of the most popular questions asked by parents just like you!
- Where can I find a white patent or ivory shoe for a special occasion?
- Do they make extra wide shoes for children?
- Where can I find wide soccer cleats for my child?
- How can I tell if my child is flat footed?
- When is the right time to put shoes on my baby?
- How can I tell if my child needs different size shoes?
- Is it appropriate to wear hand me down shoes?
- Should I go for supportive shoes or minimalist shoes for my child?
- Why do my children feet sweat so much?
- Which are the best shoes for narrow feet?
- How do I know what is the right length for my child shoe laces?
- How do I know when a boot or shoe is waterproof?
- How do I know if the shoes I purchase for my child are vegan?
- Can Crocs harm my children’s feet?
While these are just a few examples, they are some of the most popular questions parents have asked me before. All of the questions above are answered in this webpage, all you have to do is on the homepage look for where I have the “search” option, and write down some of the keywords to your questions! The answer will pop up in front of your eyes!
Take a look at the image below of my homepage, you can see in the top right side the tool “Search” highlighted in red. That’s where you will find all your answers!
Frequently Asked Questions About Your Baby (9-15 months)
- When is the best time to get my baby his or her first pair of shoes?
- Do I need soft soles or hard soles for my baby shoes?
- Why does my baby doesn’t want to walk in his shoes?
- Should I use socks with grippers or no grippers for my baby?
- Should I leave my child barefoot at home?
Frequently Asked Question About Your Toddler (2nd-3rd year)
- Where can I find shoes with double velcro straps?
- Which mary jean shoes come in extra wide widths?
- My child is having a hard time wearing socks. They seem to always bother him and make his feet itch. Are seamless socks better?
- Are light up shoes as supportive as everyday shoes?
- Is it okay for my child to wear sandals all summer?
Frequently Asked Questions About Young Children (4th-13th year)
- My child has narrow feet and I am having a hard time finding a pair of shoes to fit his or her foot. Which shoes come in narrow widths?
- My child is between teen and adult sizes and I can’t seem to find the shoe size that I am looking for.
- Do they make wide soccer cleats for children? What about baseball cleats in wide widths?
- My child is experiencing foot and leg pain and my pediatrician told me that he will outgrow it. Should I let my child just deal with the pain?
Frequently Asked Questions About Older Children (13 and up)
- My child is having leg and foot pain after playing a sport. Will a heel cup help reduce or eliminate the pain?
- What type of shoe insert can I put in his cleats to reduce the leg pain when he plays soccer?
- My son is between teenage and adult sizes. Is size 7 a kids shoe size or a men’s shoe size?
- My child shoe laces are too long. How can I figure out what length the shoe laces should be?
- My child shoe laces are becoming untie all the time. Are there any other alternatives to shoe laces?
Frequently Asked Questions About Seasonal Footwear
- Which sandals provide the best support?
- The sandals I got for my child have a horrible smell. How do I get rid of the smell?
- Which type of sandals will fit a wide foot? What about sandals that will fit a narrow foot?
- My child won’t wear flip flops because it bothers him between the toes. What are some alternatives to flip flops?
- Which winter boots come in wide widths?
- Which winter boots are lighter-weight?
- Can I use a snow boot as a rain boot?
Are you having a hard time finding a children’s shoe store in your area? Please keep in mind that if you are looking for experienced shoe fitters, you won’t find them in stores such as Stride Rite, Nordstrom’s, or any other type of chain stores. In fact, you should AVOID taking your kids’ to these type of stores since they WILL end up wearing the wrong shoe size!
What is the point of taking your kids to have their feet measured if the salespeople who are measuring their feet don’t know what they are doing?
I wrote a post where I explain why you should NEVER take your child to be fitted for shoes at Stride Rite, Nordstrom’s or Payless. Once you read about some of my horrible experiences with them, you will understand why I always tell parents to stay away from them! The post is called: The Best Place To Buy Kids Shoes – Avoid Stride Rite, Nordstrom, Payless…
If you don’t have a local children’s shoe store in your area that you trust, below you can find the best fitting shoes for children. These shoes are made of high quality materials, great support and structure, and they are available in different widths such as medium, wide, and extra wide widths. This guarantees that they will fit the shape of your child’s foot no matter how wide it is!
There is a lot of misinformation out there when it comes to children’s shoes. I know that everything that relates to your child is important to you and when it comes to their feet and legs you want to provide them with only the best.
STOP feeling frustrated!
Drop me a line with any question you might have, and you will receive my answer between the next 24 hours! If you want to share a particular answer to any of the questions, please share them so everyone can benefit it from them!