Do you buy your children’s shoes online or at your local kids’ shoe store? Most children can live with an ill-fitting t-shirt or pants, but a shoe that doesn’t fit properly is effectively useless and it can create a myriad of problems for your child’s feet and legs.
I always recommend to parents to take their kids’ to their local children’s shoe store to have their feet properly measured, but several parents have contacted me and asked me where can they buy their kids’ shoes, since they don’t have a local kids’ shoe store in their area that they trust.
Buying kids’ shoes online is not an easy thing to do. The main reason for this is the inconsistency of the shoe sizes. Sure, you can have your child properly measured or use one of the several kids’ shoe size charts offered online to measure your kids’ shoes, but figuring out your kids’ shoe size is ONLY the FIRST step in determining which shoe size your child will end up wearing!
If you are unsure if your child is wearing the correct shoe size, I wrote a post where I provide you with a set of guidelines that will guarantee you that your child is wearing the correct pair of shoes! The post is called: How Can I Make Sure My Kids’ Shoes Fit? – Learn The Secret Here!
With so many online retailers offering discounted prices and free shipping, it is hard to choose which one is better to shop from. Let’s take a look at some of the most popular online retailers that sell children shoes:
What Is The Best Place To Buy Kids’ Shoes Online?
The websites mentioned above are just some of the many options you will find when looking for children shoes online. Even though I do not advise to purchase kids shoes online (find out why in this post: Kid’s Shoe Size Chart- Why They Are Irrelevant), some parents don’t have any other options.
Some of the online retailers I mentioned are definitely better and offer several advantages compared to the others. My number 1 recommendation for buying children shoes online is Amazon. Let me explain you the reasons why:
- Customer service: If you are anything like me and customer service is one of your top priorities when purchasing a product, rest assured that Amazon is known for their amazing customer service.
- Prices: Amazon prices are the BEST, no other online shoe retailer has lower prices than Amazon when it comes to children’s shoes.
- Security: Amazon is a very well-known and trusted company. They take security very seriously. and it gives me a piece of mind shopping somewhere where I know my identity is always kept safe.
- Reviews: This is a huge plus for someone who is looking to buy their kids shoes on amazon. Other parents are reviewing those shoes that you are planning to purchase, and they WILL let other parents know whether they are or have been happy with that particular style. They will also tell you whether the shoe runs long, short, narrow, or wide.
- Fast and free shipping: Amazon offers faster shipping than most online retailers and very low shipping fees. If you are a member of their program you will get free shipping!
- Cash back for discounted prices even after purchase: You will get cash back if a price is dropped after you purchased it, as long as you are between 7 calendar days of the delivery date of the product. Amazon will process a refund for the price difference. This is an awesome feature!
Let’s Narrow It Down – Amazon VS Zappos?
The other online shoe retailer that even comes close to Amazon advantages is Zappos. Some parents will argue that they get a wider selection of shoes to choose from at Zappos, and they are right about that! However, you know there are only certain shoe styles that will fit your kids’ feet right? Just because Zappos has a broader shoe selection, this doesn’t mean that your child will get to choose from all of their choices!
For example, at the children’s shoe store that I work for, once I am done measuring the kids’ foot, most of the time parents will say:
Just bring out what will fit the shape of his/her foot best (these parents know that their child has a narrow, wide or extra wide foot and the selection is more limited).
I proceed to bring out some of the shoe styles that are going to ft the shape of the child’s foot better. We probably have around 60 to 70 different shoe styles to choose from, but I bring 4 to 5 shoe boxes because not every style will fit the child’s foot properly. Specially if your child has a wide to an extra wide foot, there are only a few choices for your child to wear.
I know Amazon carries every single shoe style that shoe companies make in wide and extra wide widths, so in this case, Zappos broader selection doesn’t necessarily translate into a greater advantage.
Below I summarize the difference between Amazon and Zappos:
- When it comes to selection and variety Zappos offers a wider selection of shoes to choose from.
- Zappos has an excellent return policy with fast and free shipping (only between the United States). For Amazon it depends on each particular shoe and how much you are spending. If you are a member of any of the program they offer, you will get fast and free shipping as well.
- When it comes to prices, Amazon offers better deals and discounts.
I have been fitting children shoes for over 5 years now, and I have seen all kind of children’s feet and shoes. There are NO two feet alike, and all shoe brands and styles fit different. If there is a particular shoe style that you want for your child, contact me directly, and I will be able to tell you whether that particular shoe runs short, long, wide, narrow.
Why Amazon And Not Zappos?
While Zappos is a great place to buy kids’ shoes from, Amazon overall benefits greatly surpasses Zappos. For example, if you have young children, you need to constantly be buying baby food, clothes, toys, diapers, you name it… Amazon has it all and at the BEST prices! You can buy all those things at the BEST prices from Amazon, while Zappos limits you to only buying shoes.
What Is The Best Program Amazon Offers To Buy Kids’ Shoes?
Amazon is offering what they call the Amazon Family Program! This is a great program if you have young children or babies and you tend to buy shoes and other stuff online! This program offers special benefits for just $99 per year. Some of their benefits include:
- Saving 20% on diapers subscriptions
- Exclusive Coupons and Deals from Amazon Family
- Exclusive Baby Registry benefits
- FREE Two-Day Shipping on millions of items
- Unlimited instant streaming of thousands of movies and TV shows
- Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs and more Prime benefits
You will not only have access to free shipping for your kids’ shoes and several coupons and discounts, you will also get to save in everything that relates to your babies and young children!
If you are looking to purchase children’s shoes online, Amazon is the BEST place for you. You will be able to read what other parents experiences have been with that particular shoe style that you are looking for and you will be guaranteed to get the BEST price for the shoes! No one offers better prices than Amazon!
Everything that relates to durability, fit, and style is discussed under the review section of that particular shoe style. However, I will be able to provide you with an answer to any question you might have about the shoes you are looking for. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly about anything that relates to your kids feet!
I wrote a post that will give you a set of guidelines on how to buy shoes online. The post is called: How To Buy Shoes Online – The Secret Revealed
Whether you’re looking for ballet flats, sport shoes, sandals, boots, loafers, mary janes, slippers,running shoes, uniform school shoes or crib shoes, Amazon has them all! I have to say that they will save you time and money as long as you know EXACTLY what shoe size and shoe style your child needs.
Below you can find an example of the best selection of kids’ shoes offered by Amazon. These are the most high quality ones, with great support and structure, and the ones offered in medium, wide, and extra wide!
Have you shopped at Amazon before? Which online retailer do you prefer when it comes to finding children’s shoes? Are you a member of any of the programs that Amazon has to offer? Share your thoughts and experiences in the comment section below so we can all benefit from them!