Do your kids’ socks feel damp every time you take them off? Do you feel like your child has the smelliest, stinkiest feet? If your kids’ feet are always damp and sweaty, the right type of socks and shoes will significantly reduce the sweat!
Kids usually like to be able to move their feet and toes freely and you’ll often find them pulling their socks off. You might be asking yourself why your kids keep taking off their socks after you put them on. There could be several reasons, but we should start by making sure the socks are comfortable and the correct size for your kids’ feet.
The right type of socks make a huge difference in reducing or completely eliminating sweat from your kids’ feet.
For example, socks made of synthetic materials are the worst kind of socks for children with sweaty feet. Most parents are not aware of the important role that socks play in keeping our kids’ feet healthy, and most of the time they end up choosing the wrong type of socks for their kids, simply because they don’t know how to select the correct sock size and style.
In this post, I describe the best socks for kids with sweaty feet!
What Type Of Materials Should Socks Be Made Of?
Socks are very important when it comes to keeping our children’s feet healthy. They act as a barrier between our kids feet and their shoes, and they protect the feet from infection and irritation. During the winter season, socks also protect our children’s feet from the cold!
Since socks serve different purposes, we need to choose the right type based on our kids’ needs. However, the two essential things that we need to check for all socks are the fit and the fabric that they are made of.
Choosing the right type of socks and the correct sock size is just as important as fitting shoes properly for our kids,. If the socks are smaller or larger than our kids’ feet, they will cause of discomfort.
Imagine wearing a pair of socks that is too small, your toes would get cramped and overlap over each other. Socks that are too big will bunch up and create discomfort to your kids’ feet. This is the reason why getting the perfect sock size for your child is so important!
Now, let’s talk about fabrics. There is a misconception about socks made out of cotton. Most parents associate cotton with high quality socks, but when trying to reduce our kids feet from sweating so much, we must avoid fabrics such as cotton. If your child has sweaty feet, you need to avoid the following materials in socks:
- Cotton – Although cotton socks are very popular and most parents tend to go for them, it’s not a very good choice for kids with sweaty feet. The fiber is wonderful but it retains heat and leads to the growth of bacteria that cause odor. Sweat is not able to evaporate quickly through cotton, thus socks are left wet and smelly until you wash them.
- Synthetic – Synthetic socks are perhaps the worst possible choice for kids who have sweaty feet since the synthetic material does not absorb nor repel moisture.
The Best Socks For Kids! – STOP Sweaty Feet!
Socks play a very important role in keeping our kids’ feet healthy and protected from bacteria. Before I show you a selection of the best socks for kids with sweaty feet, let’s take a look at some of the different features socks must have in order to prevent your child from sweating so much:
- Socks that are made of Merino wool are great for kids who have sweaty feet. Instead of trapping moisture and heat, they dispel it! Merino wool socks also have natural anti-microbial properties which help reduce foot-odor!
- Coolmax socks are scientifically designed to prevent sweaty feet. They are polyester-based and they helpwick or absorb moisture. These socks are great for children involved in several different physical activities.
- Olefin socks are lightweight, durable and provide better breath-ability than other socks. This is because they not only have moisture absorbing properties but also have hydrophobic features as well, which means that they repel water and drive sweat away from feet. Olefin fibers are quick drying and easy to clean, and the best part is that they are resistant to staining and soil while being very comfortable to wear!
- You can also try socks made of DryMax fiber. Besides being made of Olefin fibers, DryMax socks also have anti-microbial properties that prevent the growth of the odor-causing bacteria and ensure that your kids’ feet are sweat and odor-free. DryMax socks retain their shape and don’t get stiff easily. They also have air vents to ensure that heat is not trapped and your kids’ feet remain cool and dry throughout the whole day!
The Best Solution To Discomfort And Sweaty Feet!
It is natural that kids are unable to express why they don’t want to wear socks. If we observe carefully, one of the major reasons are the seams in the socks. I have even heard many adults complaining about the seams as well.
Kids are always looking for comfort and if something is bothering them, they tend to reject it. The same applies to socks! You will find that most socks have seams right across the toes and some kids hate feeling every lump and bump!
The best solution to this is seamless socks! So, what makes seamless socks so special for kids?
- As the name suggests, seamless socks are free of the seams that can cause irritation and discomfort to the toes of your little ones.
- These socks have a unique design where they do not have separate heels like traditional socks do. This is why seamless socks prevent lumps from forming in the socks and are comfortable for kids to wear.
- Seamless socks are stronger and more durable than traditional socks.
- Seamless socks prevent our kids toes from rubbing or overlapping with each other
- Lastly, seamless socks are easy to put on and fun to wear. They are fashionable and your children can choose from a great variety of colors and styles.
Below you can find a selection of the best socks for kids who have smelly feet!
Sweaty feet can cause embarrassment for children and can be a cause of frustration for kids when they become aware of it. Smelly feet often induce fear among kids and teenagers, and can even prevent them from socializing with people.
To reduce the possibility of your children facing these difficulties, here are some tips!
- Make sure that your kids change their socks every day.
- Make them switch between two pairs of shoes on a regular basis.
- Get them socks made of high quality materials that can wick moisture.
With these simple steps, your kids will never have to worry about smelly feet again! Wearing the correct type of socks and the correct type of shoes will reduce or completely eliminate problems with sweating.
Make sure your child is wearing the correct type of shoes. Breathable, machine washable shoes are best for children with sweaty feet. I wrote a post where I describe the best shoes for children with sweaty feet and you can find it here:
Does your child have stinky, sweaty feet? Is there a particular style of socks that you have found which work best for your child’s feet? Please share your thoughts and experiences below so we can all benefit from them!